I think Waylen and I had so much more fun this Christmas than we had expected. I didn't really think that at 2 years, Scarlet would yet "get" Santa and all the hoopla. Boy, was I wrong! She was really into it. She talked non-stop about Santa, Frosty, the Reindeer, Baby Jesus, and so much more.
So, I took every advantage of making this as memorable as possible...if not for her, for us. So, we started with the Elf on a Shelf breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. I had so much fun putting it all together and the kids both just laughed and talked about "Ellie" our Elf all the way through the breakfast.
Our elf, Ellie, is a girl with a little felt skirt. She brought candies, chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon with her for breakfast.
~Welcome, Ellie!~
A super surprised baby girl.
Barely awake, but loving it nonetheless.
Big smiles!
Uh, you got a little something...right...there.
Ellie also brought the first Christmas present to properly bring in the season.
It was the Christmas edition of Beauty and the Beast.
Our next big adventure was decorating the tree. She helped for at least a half hour and really surprised me that she wasn't getting bored or tired with it. We had so much doing this together.
Discovering little treasures like this puppy ornament was the highlight of the experience.
"Yook at de tree!"
So proud of herself.
0 comments:
Post a Comment