Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Crafty Christmas

Every year my mom's side of the family has a Kris Kringle - where we exchange names for gift giving. The babies each have each other, so Scarlet and Will had their second-cousins, Landon and Elijah.
We decided this year that the rules were to make our gifts. I was really excited to get this news and started making our gifts in mid-November. Here are the gifts that were given to each of the boys as well as Jonathan and Ben.


These are mittens made into dinosaurs.

These are no-wood, no-sew growth charts made from mod podge. I used fabric backing, scrapbooking paper and little sayings/quotes on vellum. The numbers marking the ruler are scrapbooking stickers.

I then made the boys tool belts from Dallas Cowboys fabric. They were lots of fun to make and seemed to be a big hit with all these little men!

My last project was for Julie. I took many of the tshirts and cotton tees that were my mom and dad's that remind us most of trips, events, or of them in general. I cut them in squares and made a quilt with a sweatshirt backing. I loved it so much I made one for me, too!

0 comments: