I know you all have moved on into 2012, and I'm still getting caught up on what happened last year. So this will be my very last outdated post about Christmas...I promise.
I loved the holidays this year. I think I noted in a previous post that I really didn't expect Scarlet would be old enough to understand things this year or appreciate all the stories and hoopla that go into the Santa/Christmas experience. I was SO wrong.
She was very much into every bit of it and wanted us to tell her stories over and over, and sing Christmas caroles all day long.
So, getting ready the night before Christmas was so magical for Waylen and I. We didn't go too overboard, but we did have a few great presents that we were really excited for the kids to discover.
Every time we had asked Scarlet what she wanted for Christmas, she had told us "lots of baby dolls and a trike (tricycle)." She was adimate about these things and never changed her answer. So, we got her exactly what she asked for. We diverted just a bit, however, and also bought her and Will a 12V ride-on utility vehicle (Ford F-150) for the back yard.
Here are some photos of us getting everything ready on Christmas Eve as well as the big unveil of all the presents on Christmas Day. I'll have to also post a video of them in the Ford. It is hillarious and, yes, they both ride very well together in it. Will just hoots and hollers!
Movie Night
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment