Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sesame Street Live

Back in September, for Scarlet's 2nd birthday (sniff, tear), her aunt Krista and family gave her (and us, by default) all tickets to go see Sesame Street Live at Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie. It was the entire Sesame Street cast including our favorite, Elmo.

Scarlet learned we were going about three days before the big day and I think Waylen and I both were very happy we chose to wait and tell her about going...those were very long days.

We went early the night of the performance because they had a special interactive area set up outside the theater where the kids could meet, dance and sing with the characters. We thought Scarlet would absolutely love it. She absolutely did not. She cried any time she even thought I was going to let her out of my arms. She said they were "scary."

Will on the other hand, wanted to kiss and hug them. I think he was hurt that he didn't get to. He kept saying "ooohhh" and "awwwww." It was super sweet and enjoyable to watch.


Here, Ernie and Rosita and hugging it up with some very willing kiddos, but Scarlet is hiding behind me (and the camera).


I highly recommend this show if you ever have the chance. It was very cool.


Once inside the theater, both kids were pretty mesmerized. For the hour-long show, Will was into it right up until the 45 minute mark (at which point, we politely excused ourselves).



Daddy's girl.

0 comments: