Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Day at Mainstay 2012

If you know me, then you know how much I love the pumpkin patch. I start watching the calendar and checking the online line-up for Mainstay Farms at the end of August. I've also reminded everyone I know about it at least ten times since then.

It's just a great time. It is an enormous family farm about 10 minutes from our house that grows and sells pumpkins as well as Christmas trees. They have turned their land into a playground for all ages, with a petting zoo, hay bale jumping area, tractor-pulled train for kids, huge hayrides, live bands and entertainment, and an enormous treehouse and playground. Not to mention the food...oh! the food! They have kettle corn, the best funnel cakes you've ever had, pumpkin ice cream, and homemade pumpkin pie. We love it.

This year did NOT disappoint. We went with Waylen's sister's family (Krista, Rene, Alex, Payton, and Addison) and his brother, Clayton, and his daughter, Kendall. Gumball (Cindy) of course also came along.

One of my personal favorite things to do is dress the kids in fall colors and take some photos in the pumpkins. It was chilly and there was a loud and very fun-looking train wisking by at this very time, so they aren't as great as I had hoped. In fact, looking through them the first time made me realize that there wasn't a single good one in the bunch! Oh well!!


A wonderful photo with Gumball


Miss Scarlet in her fall colors


The best photo of the two of them. Yes, the best.


Waylen and I did pretty good at the picture-taking thing, I thought ;-)


Cousins, Scarlet and Kendall sitting on the hay bales.


Everyone was running and jumping on the bales. 
It looks like Will is crying, but he was screaming with delight.


Being adventurous - climbing out all by herself.


The boy has eyed the funnel cake. Nothing else matters.


Isn't this hilarious? Kendall, Alex, Will, Payton, Scarlet, and Addison


Kendall and Scarlet feeding a goat from their hands. This was Scarlet's favorite part.


Will, on the other hand, just liked to watch the feed fall from the dispenser...


My boys. They make my heart smile.


This was super cool. They had painted this old car with chalkboard paint, gave the kids chalk and set them loose. It was a big hit.


It was hard to drag Will away.


The start of the hayride. Clayton and Kendall.


Scarlet is always covering her ears around loud noises. She didn't like how loud the tractor was that pulled the wagon. But she got used to it very quickly.


They both laughed and yelled almost the entire time. It kept us smiling, too.


Then there were more animals to feed once the hayride was over. This time, it was chickens and the kids got such a huge kick out of them. They had "furry ankles."


This is the tractor-pulled kiddie train. It was the first year for this ride and the kids had a blast. So did I!


See you next year, Mainstay!!

0 comments: